Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2020
The 2020 election of the New England Statistical Society (NESS) has concluded.
Thank you very much for your participation and contribution to the Society.
We are pleased to announce the election results:
- Eric Kolaczyk from Boston University has been elected President-Elect.
- Yuchen Fama from HSB, Daniel Meyer from Pfizer, and Natesh Pillai from
Harvard have been elected as members of the Society Council.
- Roee Gutman from Brown, Priya Kohli from Connecticut College, Ambar Sengupta
from UConn, and John Zhong from Regenxbio have been elected to continue as
members of the Society Council.
Starting from June 1, 2020, Joseph Cappelleri becomes the President of the
Society, and Ming-Hui Chen becomes its Past President. Xiao-Li Meng has
concluded his term as our President and Past President, and we thank him for
his valuable service.
We are pleased to announce the following new or renewed appointments of the
executives made by the President:
- Jianan Hui from BI has been appointed to serve as the Deputy Secretary.
- Abidemi K. Adeniji from M-Estimator LLC has been appointed to continue
serving as VP for NextGen.
- Kun Chen from UConn will continue serving as Secretary.
- Lynn Kuo from UConn will continue serving as Treasurer.
- Nathan Lally from HSB has been appointed to serve as VP for Education,
succeeding Nalini Ravishanker from UConn.
- James MacDougall has been appointed to continue serving as VP for Strategies
- Gavino Puggioni from URI has been appointed to continue serving as VP for
- Xiaojing Wang from UConn will continue serving as Deputy Treasurer.
- Colin Wu from NIH has been appointed to serve as VP for Journal
& Publication, succeeding Min-Ge Xie from Rutgers.
The list of current and past council members can be viewed at
The list of current and past executives can be viewed at https://nestat.org/about/structure/.
We would like to express appreciation and thanks to NESS council members and
executives who have concluded their terms:
- Yasuo Amemiya from IBM Watson
- Jessi Cisewski-Kehe from Yale
- Jason Estes from P&W
- Michael Lavine from UMass
- Jennifer McGinniss from Sunovion
- Xiao-Li Meng from Harvard
- Chris Parks from Travelers
- Nalini Ravishanker from UConn
- Nick Reich from UMass
- Shannon Stock from College of the Holy Cross
- Min-Ge Xie from Rutgers
Thank you all for your leadership and continual support, which are valued and
Stay safe and sane!