Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2022
The New England Journal of Statistics in Data Science (NEJSDS) invites submissions to a special issue of “Design and Analysis of Experiments for Data Science”.
The NEJSDS is the official journal of the New England Statistical Society (NESS) that aims to serve as an interface between statistics and other disciplines in data science. The journal publishes high quality original research, novel applications, and timely review articles in all aspects of data science, including (but not limited to) all areas of statistical methodology, methods of machine learning, and artificial intelligence, novel algorithms, computational methods, data management and manipulation, applications of data science methods, among others. This special issue focuses on topics about design and analysis of experiments in data science.
All submissions must be online through the website https://www.e-publications.org/ness/sbs/. Please state that your submissions are “For the Special Issue on DoE for Data Science” in the Box of Comments to the editors. The submissions will go through a regular review process. As the editors for this special issue, we will handle the peer review timely and carefully.
The planned timeline:
- Submission Deadline: October 1, 2022
- Target First Revision: December 31, 2022
- Target Publication Date: Second Issue of 2023
The tentative topics include (but not limited to)
- Design and Subdata Selection for Big Data
- Online Experimentation and Webpage Optimization
- Optimal Design of Experiments
- Uncertainty Quantification and Bayesian Optimization
- Experimental Design and Analysis for AI Algorithms
- Experimental Design and Analysis for Causal Inference
- Experimental Design and Analysis for Network Modeling
- Design and Analysis of Experiment for Social Good
- Experimental Design and Analysis in Advanced Manufacturing
- Experimental Design and Analysis in Financial Technology
NEJSDS is proud to be a pioneer in the reform of the traditional peer review process by implementing a new hybrid journal review process. In this new review process, authors have the option to supply referee reports invited by the authors, as a supplement to the traditional review reports led by the editorial board. The decisions will take into consideration both review reports initiated by the authors and the reports initiated by the editorial board. If any authors choose to provide open reviews for their articles, please mention it in the cover letter and upload the review reports (including the information of reviewers’ affiliations and email addresses) as supplementary materials when submitting the article.
If you have any questions or have a pre-submission inquiry, please feel free to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your papers in due course.